Whistler Community Church is seeking a Youth and Young Adults Pastor. We invite qualified candidates to apply at email@example.com. Job description as follows:
Whistler Community Church – Youth & Young Adults Pastor
Full Time Salaried Position
The Youth & Young Adults Pastor reports to the Lead Pastor. As a shepherd of Christ’s church, the Youth & Young Adults Pastor is accountable to demonstrate the character qualities prescribed in 1 Tim 3: 1-7 and Titus 1:6-9. Theological alignment to the Confession of Faith of the Canadian Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches (CCMBC) is required. In addition to Youth & Young Adult Ministry, the role includes involvement in the Worship Team.
Youth Ministry (50%):
- Focus on Gospel teaching and spiritual discipleship of the Youth, both within the existing church community and the broader Youth within Whistler
- Develop and Lead Youth Bible Studies to build Gospel understanding for the core of the Whistler Church Youth. As the Youth program expands, disciple Bible study leaders of Youth.
- Develop and Lead Youth Specific Worship Services that includes Worship and Gospel proclamation in an environment that is engaging and enriching for Youth.
- Develop and Lead Youth Outreach activities, these activities will include activities not located at the church property to engage with Whistler Youth to meet Youth in the community.
- Recruit, Develop and Lead a community of Youth Ministry Volunteers & build sustainable team / program to support the range of Youth programs provided by the church.
- Develop Youth ministry and support network for parents of Youth to assist parents in their at home discipleship of their Youth to supplement the ministry provided by the church.
- Lead Youth Holiday ministry outreach activities.
- Partnership with other Christian Youth ministries across the Sea to Sky to leverage other programs with the aim of developing the Christian Youth community in the Sea to Sky (e.g. Young Life).
Young Adult Ministry (30%):
- Develop and mature Young Adult ministry that builds a community of Young Adult believers in Whistler, both Young Adults already connected to the church and seasonal / not yet connected Young Adults.
- Develop and resource Young Adult Bible Studies that help to develop a Biblical worldview. As Young adult program expands, disciple and mentor volunteer Bible study leaders of Young Adults.
- Develop and Lead Young Adult Outreach activities, these activities will include activities not located at the church property to engage with Whistler Young Adults to meet Young Adults in the community.
- Recruit, Develop and Lead a community of Young Adult Ministry Volunteers & build sustainable team / program to support the range of Young Adult programs provided by the church.
Sunday School – Youth – Young Adult Alignment (10%):
- Partner with the Sunday School Team to ensure there is an alignment between the teaching and development of the children in Sunday School and their progression into the Youth program, to specifically ensure the children in school years 5-7 are being given age appropriate spiritual and engaging programs to be part of.
- As the role has responsibility over Youth and Young Adults, ensure there is a thoughtful transition between the age groups and consideration of transition into university groups to ensure the ongoing spiritual care for our Youth / Young Adults.
- Actively engage in the Volunteer Worship Ministry team. In partnership with the Worship Team Coordinator, develop the team’s worship skills and spiritual development to build the worship team into a godly, sustainable worship team to support all ministry services and activities that require worship support.
- Participate in the worship team practice sessions, supporting the team to ensure collectively the team is able to support Audio / Visual / Musical / Voice areas of Ministry support.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts majoring in Youth & Young Adult Ministry, Ministry, Theology, or Worship Ministries preferred & at least 3 years of experience in church youth and Young Adult ministry.
- Applicants with a 2 year Youth & Young Adult Ministry Diploma and relevant experience will also be considered.